Sunday, November 21, 2010

Chunky Chewy Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've always wanted to make the perfect chocolate chip cookie...to me, a cookie like that has to be exactly what the title of this post suggests...chunky, chewy, and soft. Whenever I made the chocolate chip cookie recipe from my Williams-Sonoma baking book, the cookies would turn crunchy and hard within 10 minutes. (Don't get me wrong - I love the book and it's the book that got me started.) However, this particular recipe I've started using not only produces soft and chewy cookies, but the cookies don't change their texture even after a couple of days.



I'd say right now this is my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, and I've only made a minor change to it. Instead of 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips...I put 1 cup of semisweet, 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, and 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips. Hence the part of the title that says "triple chocolate chip." I would also suggest cutting back a little on the sugar because for some people these cookies might be a little on the sweet side. And lastly, a tip on making chocolate chip cookies - do NOT leave it in the oven a second longer than the suggested baking time because the cookies can get overdone very fast and it will completely change the taste and texture (causing the cookie to taste burnt and become hard). Here is the link from where I got the recipe: Best Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie. Enjoy =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment