Sunday, December 13, 2009

Mini Mango Cheesecakes

So I've been making cheesecakes for quite awhile now, and I wanted to try making mini cheesecakes using the same recipe as the bigger version. To make a long story short, I was experimenting this past weekend with various flavors and recipes, and I thought I would post this one first. This is a flavor I have wanted to try for a long time - I thought it would be something more exciting rather than the same old chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, etc. I have to say that it turned out pretty good. I did make some adjustments based on the recipe I used and I think this one should do it. So I hope you enjoy - these are certainly much more easier to make than large cheesecakes and bake much more faster (20 minutes vs. 1.5 hours!). And let's not forget they are just so cute and perfect for one serving!

Ingredients:
  • 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese
  • ½ cup sugar
  • ½ tsp vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 mangoes
  • ¼ sour cream/whipping cream
  • 2 tbsp all-purpose flour (optional)

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper or foil liners (foil liners are preferable).

2. With a mixer in a mixing bowl, on medium speed, beat the cream cheese until fluffy (about 3 minutes). Gradually add in the sugar and continue beating until smooth, scraping the bowl as needed.

3. Add the vanilla. Then, add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Again, scrape the bowl as needed.

4. Finally, add the sour cream and flour (if using) and mix on low speed just until incorporated.

5. Divide the filling evenly among the prepared muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full. Bake until the cheesecakes are just set in the center, about 20 minutes.

6. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let the cheesecakes cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Using a small offset spatula, transfer the cheesecakes to the rack and let cool completely, about 45 minutes.

7. Refrigerate the cheesecakes in an airtight container for at least overnight or up to 3 days.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment